Plain English Training
Plain English for Business Communication
Our corporate training programme is designed to meet the widest range of business needs. It is aimed at helping professionals to communicate better and engage confidently through English. Based on your requirements we will design a bespoke English training programme and deliver it at your chosen location and at a time that best suits your business.
- Duration: Short and long term courses
- Level: All levels from beginner (A1) to advanced (C2)
- Workload and Class times: Flexible to your requirements
The course will be delivered by our expert team of language trainers at DCU. Participants on the course will also have access to our academic team for individual questions and support. Depending on the learning needs of the participants, the course may be accessed either in-house or via our distance learning platform. The maximum number of participants on each course will be 15.
The course will take the form of individual full-day or half-day training days as required. Individual shorter sessions can also be organised.
Examples of the course modules include:
- What is Plain English? The principles and benefits.
- Plain English in the workplace
- Plain English in written correspondence
- Plain English for report writing
Writing for the Web
By the end of this course, learners will
- understand the principles and benefits of using Plain English
- be able to identify Plain English in communications
- have practised Plain English in exercises and assignments
- have produced an email/ letter/ report/ leaflet using the principles of Plain English